Here are some sentences I found, all written by professionals, all on line, that contain mistakes or bad writing. Can you identify the things that need fixing or improving? I’m pretty sure that I have mentioned each type of mistake at least once before in The Writing Rag. I’ll make you a deal—you might win ten bucks!
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org listing your answers. I’ll use PayPal to send ten dollars to the email address of the first person who answers them all correctly. You have to give the reason why you answered the way you did for number 10.
Only about four people ever read this blog, so your odds are pretty good! I promise not to collect the addresses or use them for anything.
- “The technology,” he wrote, “is not limited to only aviation.”
- Best known of the two is Enrico Fermi, the Italian intellectual giant who escaped from fascist Italy to America after winning a Nobel Prize for his research in nuclear physics.
- On February 23, 1997, NBC broadcast the film in its three-and-a-half-hour entirety, uncut and uninterrupted by commercials, as per Spielberg’s request.
- Who do you think you match with?
- 1856 The Republican Party holds it’s first national meeting. (© Ducksters. I wasn’t going to embarrass them, but they put a copyright symbol on it. Used without permission)
- It is now hoped that the system could be combined with the use of pheromones that lampreys use to attract mates.
- This weed includes the most vitamin A than all green leafy vegetables, which prevents cancer, and is abundant in Omega-3 fatty acids, so it effectively prevents heart diseases and stroke.
- It is more cost-effective by only utilizing more expensive authentication when warranted by the risk.
- It’s easier to implement than you may have thought.
- Sensitive personal data including cookies, API keys, and passwords has been leaked by web optimization giant Cloudflare.
- So, the Rangers are based out of Igloolik.
- So what does a potential new state of matter for the rest of us?
- Indiana law explicitly forbids government employees such as the Governor to conduct politics on state accounts, so it’s credible to argue Pence had no other options.
- “The Church and State owes them all an apology,” she said.
- It stands in stark contrast with a pair of current cartoons by fairly mainstream conservative cartoonists that mock Democrats for being obsessed with the Russian connections.
- It was about 3 or 4 feet long, looked like a long piece of linguine (same color, similar width), except if you looked a little carefully, it was actually comprised of connected rhomboid like sections. [this one has two goofs, not counting that the 3 and 4 should be spelled out. Find both.]
- While China is beginning to assemble its own tunnel-boring machines, it still relies on critical, foreign-made components that its own industries can’t manufacture on its own. [first word should be “Although” or “Whereas,” but I’m looking for a different goof.]
- Clicking Refresh Catalog in the catalog, updates the usage information.
- The amount of tabs you have open at any one time has a direct impact on the performance of Chrome, as well as how much RAM the application consumes.
- Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with.
There you have it! Good luck!